- He kept faith, and by it fully accepted God’s saving plan, even if he didn’t understand how it all hangs together;
- He promptly obeyed the will of God, something he could do because he had the desire to do so, was open to God, and practiced his faith;
- He was courageous in time of trial;
- Had a chaste love for the Blessed Virgin Mary, where he didn’t seek his own pleasure, but was of service;
- And he was dutiful in his exercise of parental authority.
As St. Joseph is the Patron of the Universal Church, we ask that by his intercession the Church faithfully help us live in a manner worthy of our baptismal calling. We can, fortified by the ministrations of the Church, do as St. Joseph did in our unique domains of influence. St. Joseph, pray for us!
David J. Conrad